Pre Arrival Information
Before departing from their native country, students should make sure that the following points are mentioned:
- After taking a Valid Student Visa from the Indian Embassy / High Commission, you must reserve your ticket to Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- To prevent medical problems while you are in India, make sure that you have taken all the requisite vaccinations, such as Yellow Fever, Typhoid Vaccine, Hepatitis Vaccine, etc. On arrival, the applicant is expected to produce a medical report.
- Make sure that you notify the International Student Helpdesk of OPJS University about the airport pick-up at least one week before arrival and provide complete flight information.
- Ensure that you carry the University's Provisional Admission Letter along with all Certificates/Degrees and Transcripts (in original) and 10 photos of the passport size and other necessary documents (i.e. visa, passport)
- In the form of Travelers-Cheques, you can bring all your money, which can easily be redeemed at the airport as well as at a variety of foreign exchange offices and banks, or you can use International Debit / Credit Cards.
- Temperatures vary from 35 to 45 degrees Celsius in the summer to 01 to 15 degrees Celsius in the winter. Here the winter season begins around November, so it is important to carry the warm material (blankets, quilts, woollens, etc.) accordingly.
- Though all is available in India, try to get everything you need during the initial few days, though. The University tuck shops as well as markets available across a range of 10 km from the University Campus will benefit from all the essentials.
- In India, the electrical standard functions at 240 V. So, if it operates on a different voltage in your country, make sure you have an adapter for your mobile or laptop. The electrical sockets are often 2 or 3 pins, so make sure you bring a converter if necessary.